donderdag 2 juni 2011

From Drugs to Mugs: Shocking before and after images show the cost of drug addiction

From Drugs to Mugs: Shocking before and after images show the cost of drug addiction
Drugs to Mugs : shocking before and after images put together by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office in the US state of Oregon show the cost drug addiction takes on the human face

I found this article in The Telegraph. The article shows shocking before and after images that reveal the effects of drug addiction on the human face. 'From Drugs to Mugs' is the follow up to the controversial 2004 'Faces of Meth' release which highlighted the effects of methamphetamine use.
The pictures are released in the hope that they will make kids think twice about ever touching drugs, the pictures show how addicts have lost teeth and scratched their skin to the bone.
Picture: Methamphetamines user first pictured in 2001, left, and then in 200
I know drugs do serious damage to the body but I forgot how shocking it is! This is just one of the many before and after pictures on the website, some are even worse. I think it’s a good idea to confront kids with the facts. This is the way it is, this is what drugs do. Kids get warned about drugs at home and at school. I think some of these warnings are effective for some children, but it is still far from reality to them. If you show them pictures, especially shocking ones like these, they’ll remember the effects that drugs have much better than just telling them about it. This is very visual, very real and also important, very scary. What teenager would want to take the risk to look like this? I think it will help, but it won’t prevent all kids from using drugs, unfortunately!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten