woensdag 8 juni 2011

Amazing uses for animal body parts are revealed on new TV show

This article is written by Rachael Bletchly, Daily Mirror.
The article explains how animal parts are not only used for meat and leather. A new BBC3 series called Kill It, Cut it, Use will reveal the weird world of animal by-products.
The first show on Monday at 9pm will unveil the amazing array of things made from inedible parts of cattle. As an example, many parts of the cow are used; the blood is used to put into plywood, glue, dye etc. The hooves contain a protein used in fire extinguisher foam on airplanes. The horns are used in clothes and buttons. The small intestines are used for tennis racquet strings. The fat from a cow is used in roads, explosives and drugs. The hair is amongst other things, used in paintbrushes.
I didn’t know there were so many uses for all these different body parts of the cow. I think it is good that we use all these parts. If an animal is killed, I think it is important to use every part and not let it go to waist. I am a bit shocked about all these different uses, many of them I did not know at all! I sure didn’t think of a dead cow the last time I played tennis! Perhaps it is better not to know! Just the fact  that a lot of parts have a purpose is plenty of information for me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten