zaterdag 7 mei 2011

All guns blazing: Arnold Schwarzenegger ramps up the return to his Hollywood career by announcing another movie

The article is called: ‘All guns blazing: Arnold Schwarzenegger ramps up the return to his Hollywood career by announcing another movie’ And the article is written by Jody Thomppsen, writer for The Daily Mail.

After years of concentrating on his political career, Arnold Schwarzenegger is stepping down as governor and returning to Hollywood to play in another movie. At the ripe age of 63, he is going to star in a movie drama about horse trainer who is hired to kidnap a 9 year old boy. He is also going to return in the reboot of the Terminator franchise.

Thumbs up: Arnold Schwarzenegger has announced his role in another movie after confirming his return to the Terminator franchise


Appearently this movie will be different. Arnold always played these big muscular guys, but there's a sweetness to Arnold in real life, and we want to bring that sweetness to the screen.' So said the producer.

I guess as a not so big Terminator fan I should not comment on this piece. I didn’t like the movies back then, so I can’t imagine an old dude playing the part will be enjoyable. I fear he will not be taken seriously as an actor anymore. Although, I have to add, I was surprised when he became governor and didn’t think he would be taken seriously, but that all worked out, so I guess you never know. I do think it would be a good idea for him to continue his career in a different direction. A muscular fighting machine might not be very believable at age 63, an older horse trainer might fit a better picture. Good for him, for at least giving it a try I guess, I just won’t be standing in line to watch the movie.

1 opmerking: